A Promising Intervention with Pain and Trauma
This approach is a promising intervention with emotional and physical pain. Benefits include how “Flash” can neutralize and even resolve powerful negative experiences. The “Flash EMDR” approach is used during the preparation phase of EMDR and allows clients to reduce disturbance associated with extremely painful memories and experiences without actually feeling pain. Clients who dissociate have less need to do so because the “flash” technique is not threatening to them, and some can achieve positive effects in about 5 to 10 minutes.
You will learn the following:
- What led to the development of this approach;
- How and when to introduce “Flash EMDR”;
- How to explain this method to clients, especially how it helps to neutralize emotional and physical pain;
- Steps in the “Flash” approach;
- How this approach works with different clinical issues as you watch several brief live demonstrations during the webinar;
- Modifications of this approach in certain clinical situations;
- Answers to your questions.
Details about the Webinar
Now available for online viewing or upgrade to get the webinar sent to you for your resource library. HERE. The fee is $49 USD and includes study guide, written transcript and access to audio download and video replay of the event.
This webinar is recommended for mental health professionals and not for the general public. If you have any questions, please contact us at Peggy@maggiephillipsphd.com.
Thanks for letting me support you. I really believe this add-on will benefit your work with pain.