Our Summer Modules are Still Available for On-demand Purchase
The Summer Modules for our online program Helping Complex Clients Master and Apply Their Healing Potentials will focus on how to work effectively with clients who struggle with fragmentation, or self-division, originating from complex PTSD and/or dissociative problems.
What you will receive in the Summer Modules
Helping Complex Clients Master and
Apply Their Healing Potentials
Webinars • Video Replay & Audio Download • Written Transcripts of all Webinar and Video Trainings • Additional Learning Materials Related to Each Month’s Topics • Handouts • Articles • Video clips of Demonstrations and Brief Presentations • Continuing Education Credits • Upgrades to CD and DVDs that can be delivered to your door • Maggie’s Money Back Guarantee
Dr. Maggie Phillips, is the founder of Best Practices in Psychotherapy and has provided quality on-line training for professionals for more than ten years. She is a pioneer in mind-body treatment for pain and trauma and is a licensed clinical psychologist with an active practice in the Oakland, CA. She is the author of four books and numerous papers, chapters, and articles on trauma, dissociation, pain, ego-state therapy, hypnosis, and mind-body healing, she specializes in the treatment of traumatic stress, dissociative, and pain disorders. To order Maggie’s books visit here: https://bestpracticesintherapy.com/books/
Wendy Lemke, M.S., has taught Ego-State Therapy courses through many professional state organizations over the last years including New Jersey, Minnesota, Florida, Oregon, Virginia, and Texas, and is one of the most highly recognized teacher of Ego-State Therapy through the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. She is a popular, dynamic, and effective speaker who covers a wealth of practical content.
June 27, 2018
On June 27, 2018, Maggie will present elements of her new program, Somatic Ego-State Therapy (SEST)®, a synthesis of Somatic Experiencing® and Ego-State Therapy. Maggie is a thought leader in these two topic areas and is an international faculty member for SE as well as a highly experienced EST teacher and editor of the ESTI newsletter. By 2019, SEST® programs will be taught in 6 countries: US, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, France and the UK.
Maggie is co-presenter with Wendy Lemke, highly experienced in the uses of hypnosis with Ego-State Therapy. Together, they will emphasize how embodied approaches of working with a self divided by dissociation and conflicting needs can provide deep healing and lasting integration.
July 24, 2018
Our July module emphasizes three different, though overlapping pathways, to resolving self-fragmentation. Dr. Janina Fisher, Kathy Steele, MN, CS, and Dr. Maggie Phillips combine forces to discuss their unique pathways to helping complex clients to create unified and empowered selves.
On Tuesday, July 24, from 9:00 am – 11:00 am Pacific time, these three presenters will present a special two-hour webinar on How to Resolve Complex Self-Fragmentation.
Topic areas will include:
- What does it mean to work with “parts” and how do we define them?
- How to distinguish ego states from dissociated parts and treatment implications;
- How to create a cohesive treatment plan (when to work with parts and in what sequence);
- Working with various types of ego state parts: Preverbal and other child parts, resource parts, persecutory and abusive states, and frozen parts;
- How to avoid triangulation with parts;
- Pros and cons of utilizing the clients’ dissociative barriers in treatment;
- Common treatment frame issues with dissociative clients (including transference and countertransference).
Each presenter will draw on their recent books and articles including:
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Alienation (J. Fisher),
- Treating Trauma-Related Dissociation: A Practical, Integrated Approach (K. Steele)
- Empowering the Self through Ego-State Therapy (M. Phillips & C. Frederick).